How to Make Egg Rolls at Your Gainesville, FL, Apartment
An egg roll is a savory appetizer typically used in American Chinese cuisine. It is made by stuffing meat, cabbage, carrots, and other ingredients into a flour dough wrap and deep frying it. Egg rolls can be wonderful to bring to a potluck or they can work well when served with stir fry.
To make egg rolls at your Gainesville, Florida, apartment, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 cups peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2½ cups coleslaw mix
- 8 egg roll wrappers (7-inch squares)
Here are the instructions for making egg rolls:
- Step 1 – Season the pork with the ginger and garlic powder, and then cook it in a skillet over medium-high heat until no longer pink. Set aside.
- Step 2 – Mix together the flour and water in a bowl until they form a paste.
- Step 3 – Add the coleslaw mix to the pork that was previously set aside and combine well.
- Step 4 – Lay out one egg roll skin with one of the corners pointed at you. Place ¼ cup of the coleslaw and pork mixture onto the center of the skin and fold the corner closest to you over the mixture. Then, fold the left and right corners toward the center and continue to roll.
- Step 5 – Brush a portion of the flour paste onto the last corner to seal the egg roll.
- Step 6 – In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Step 7 – Dip the egg roll into the heated oil and fry, turning occasionally, until it is golden brown. Once ready, remove from the oil and let it drain on paper towels.
- Step 8 – Serve and enjoy!
The kitchens in our apartments at Bellamay Grand are equipped with modern appliances in bisque finishes, beautiful countertops that match the color scheme of the home, and spacious pantries. At Bellamay Grand, you’ll be able to embark on various cooking adventures with ease. If you are not yet a resident of our community, but would like to learn more, contact us today or stop by our leasing office to take a tour.