Healthy Snacking Ideas to Try at Your Gainesville, FL, Apartment
For many of us, snacking is a normal part of our diet. Between breakfast, lunch, and dinner, we like to eat something to hold our hunger at bay and boost our energy levels. Those snacks, though, can sometimes add an abundance of calories to our diet without contributing many nutrients. Snacking the right way means choosing foods that are higher in nutrients and lower in calories, so the snack will fill us up adequately without adding too many calories.
Here are some healthy snack ideas to consider:
- 2 slices extra-lean ham with 2 tablespoons of whipped light cream cheese
- 1 hard-boiled egg, sliced and sprinkled with salt, pepper, and paprika
- 1/2 cup fat-free cottage cheese with 1/4 cup blueberries
- 2 stalks celery with 4 tablespoons of hummus
- 1 cup sliced apples with 1 oz low-fat cheddar
- 1 sliced tomato with 1 oz fresh mozzarella and sprinkled with salt, pepper, and 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup edamame, which can be enjoyed hot or cold
This is just a small sampling of the many healthy snacking ideas you can try. These snacks will offer you the energy boost you need in between meals without adding too many empty calories to your overall diet.
If you’re looking for a Gainesville, Florida, apartment, why not stop by Bellamay Grand Apartment Homes to take a tour of our community? We offer apartments in professionally designed color schemes in beige, taupe, or gray, the color of which is reflected in the wall color, ceiling fans, carpeting, and more. In addition, we offer wonderful amenities, like a theater room, business center, and air-conditioned, full-sized indoor basketball court.
Contact us today to learn more.