10 Ways to Protect the Environment from the Comfort of Your Gainesville, FL, Apartment
Doing your part to protect the environment doesn’t have to be a complicated process. There are actually dozens of simple steps you can take today to reduce your carbon footprint and become a better steward of our planet. Many of these steps involve easy habits you can start implementing today right at your apartment.
Here is a list of 10 ways to save the environment in your Gainesville, Florida, apartment:
- Switch all your incandescent light bulbs to energy-efficient, compact fluorescent light bulbs
- Always recycle newspaper, aluminum, and glass
- Start using a reusable water bottle and filling it with filtered tap water instead of using store-bought bottled water
- Always turn off the light when you leave a room
- Opt for reusable shopping bags instead of plastic shopping bags
- Turn off your computer at night, rather than putting it into sleep mode
- Take shorter showers and limit the amount of baths you take a week
- Invest in your own coffee cup, rather than using paper or Styrofoam cups
- Only do the laundry when you have a full load
- Always recycle old cell phones and other electronics
Of course, you don’t have to start enforcing every single step on this list today. Instead, look through the list and choose two or three habits you’d like to begin working on. Maybe you want to start by turning off your computer at night and switching to fluorescent light bulbs. Or, maybe you want to begin by recycling and taking shorter showers. No matter which new habits you choose, you will be making a big impact to protect our planet.
Contact Bellamay Grand Apartment Homes today to learn about our apartments and the wonderful amenities we provide.