Cleaning Leather in your Apartment in Gainesville
You shouldn’t only wipe down your leather couch or arm chair after somebody spills a glass of wine or a plate of nacho cheese; leather needs regular cleaning in order to look like-new year after year. Before you decide to clean your leather furniture, you should first figure out whether you have finished or unfinished leather, as both require different cleaning methods.
For finished leather cleaning in your apartment in Gainesville, you should:
- Dampen a cloth with water and a light moisturizing soap and lather it
- Gently rub the damp cloth over the leather
- Use a fresh dampened cloth to wipe away the lather
- After the lather has been wiped away, dry the leather with a new towel
- Lastly, use a leather conditioner after the piece of furniture has dried
For unfinished leather, it is recommended to:
- Use a sponge or damp cloth to rub in saddle soap to the leather
- Wipe down the leather with a dry towel and allow it to air dry
- Oil the leather with a preservative such as mink oil after it has dried
Bellamay Grand has spacious living areas that our residents have enjoyed furnishing with luxurious leather couches and arm chairs. For more information on our available units, please contact us today.