Polishing Your Shoes at Your Gainesville, Florida, Apartment
Shoes, especially ones made of high-quality materials, are designed to last for many years. However, in order to keep your shoes looking like they just came out of the store, some maintenance is required. Polishing shoes is a simple process that requires little more than shoe polish, water, and a few dry rags to help you buff. If you have an important night coming up, and your trusty dress shoes are looking a little dull, polishing them to look as good as new should take no time at all.
Here are a few simple tips to help you take care of your shoes from home at your Gainesville, Florida, apartment:
- First, use a clean, dry towel to wipe away dirt and dust.
- Next, place a dime-sized dollop of shoe polish on a thin rag. Make sure that you have the appropriate color polish for your shoes.
- Work the rag in a gentle, circular motion until the entire shoe has been covered in polish. While a dime-sized amount should be enough, don’t be afraid to add a little more polish if necessary.
- Place your shoes in sunlight or in a dry, warm place for a few minutes to allow the polish to dry off.
- Once the polish is gone, spray your shoe lightly with water and polish them using a dry, clean towel.
- Once your shoes are polished and looking good, store them in a dry, clean place where their newfound shine will not be damaged. If you have them on hand, a pair of wooden form-keepers are a great way to maintain your shoes’ shape and help them last longer.
If you follow the steps above, there’s a good chance you’ll have shiny, new-looking shoes after a brief polishing session at your Bellamay Grand apartment home. If you would like information about our apartment community, contact our leasing office at Bellamay Grand Apartment Homes today. We would love to show you around our community and demonstrate our many amenities.