How to Remove Grease Stains from Your Clothing at Our Apartments for Rent in Gainesville, FL
It has happened to all of us. We’re wearing a nice dress shirt or pair of linen pants and we spill something greasy on it. When you get a grease stain on your clothing, it’s imperative to take care of the spot as soon as possible, so the stain doesn’t permanently damage the garment.
Luckily, cleaning grease stains from your clothing is easy. Here is what to do:
- First, cover the stain with liquid dish detergent.
- Second, gently scrub the stain using a toothbrush to break up the grease.
- Third, allow the detergent time to absorb into the fabric.
- Fourth, rinse the stained area with one part vinegar and two parts water, and then soak the garment in the solution for a few minutes.
- Fifth, wash the garment as you would normally but allow it to air dry. This is important because the high heat of your dryer may cause lingering grease to set into the garment.
Hopefully, the steps above will help you take care of any grease stains on your clothing and you can get back to enjoying your day at your apartment at Bellamay Grand. If you are not yet a resident of our community and are looking for apartments for rent in Gainesville, Florida, give us a call or stop by our leasing office to take a tour. Our apartments come in professionally designed color schemes and feature nine-foot ceilings with crown molding, full-size washer/dryer hookups, and walk-in closets.