The Perfect Lasagna Recipe to Make in Our Apartments for Rent in Gainesville, FL
If you’re looking for a simple and easy lasagna recipe, then we’ve got exactly what you need. Lasagna can be a complicated dish to make, but there are also simple changes you can make to cut down on preparation time and ensure you’re not spending hours waiting for your meal to finish cooking.
For this simple lasagna recipe, you’ll want to gather the following ingredients:
- 12 whole wheat lasagna noodles
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 16-ounce package cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1½ jars (25 ounces) tomato-basil pasta sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
To make the lasagna, follow these steps:
- Step 1 – Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Step 2 – Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil, and then add the lasagna noodles and return to a boil. Cook uncovered until the pasta is cooked through, but is still firm. Set the noodles on a plate.
- Step 3 – In a skillet over medium heat, cook the ground beef with the garlic, garlic powder, oregano, salt, and pepper until the meat is cooked through.
- Step 4 – In a bowl, mix together the cottage cheese, eggs, and Parmesan cheese.
- Step 5 – In the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking pan, place four noodles side-by-side, top with a layer of tomato-basil sauce, a layer of the ground beef mixture, and a layer of the cottage cheese mixture.
- Step 6 – Repeat these layers twice more, ending with a layer of sauce sprinkled with mozzarella cheese.
- Step 7 – Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes. Remove the foil and continue to bake for 10 more minutes, until the cheese has begun to brown.
- Step 8 – Allow the lasagna to sit for at least 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
If you’re looking for apartments for rent in Gainesville, Florida, that feature modern kitchens to cook lasagna and other recipes, turn to Bellamay Grand. Along with beautiful kitchens that have updated appliances in bisque finishes, our apartments come with professionally designed color schemes, nine-foot ceilings with crown molding, and full-size washer/dryer hookups.
Contact us today or stop by our leasing office to take a tour of our community.