Making Beef Jerky in Our Apartments in Gainesville, Florida
Back in the old days, before commercialized food was around, when there was leftover meat from cows, it would be dried in the sun to prevent it from going bad. The people who created this form of dried meat called it beef jerky, and they soon learned to add spices to it while drying to enhance the flavor. Nowadays, it’s common to find beef jerky at stores across America, but you can make your very own batches of the snack right here in our apartments in Gainesville, Florida.
To make your own beef jerky at Bellamay Grand, follow these steps:
- First, you’ll need a dehydrator. These can be purchased relatively inexpensively at stores like Walmart, Target, and Bed, Bath & Beyond, all of which can be found in Gainesville.
- Buy some beef from a local grocery store, and keep it in your refrigerator or freezer until you are ready to use it.
- Slice the beef into very thin and long strips.
- Mix in your favorite marinade and spices along with the beef in a plastic bag and keep refrigerated for a few hours.
- Turn the dehydrator on and place the beef strips in it on one side for a couple of hours.
- Flip the strips over, and allow them to sit for another couple of hours.
- Remove the strips from the dehydrator and store them in a dry plastic bag until you are ready to enjoy your delicious snack.
If you would prefer chicken jerky, pork jerky, turkey jerky, or any other kind of jerky, you can easily make those by following the same steps. For more information about our wonderful apartments in Gainesville, Florida, please give our leasing office a call or just stop by for a personal tour today.