Carving a Pumpkin in Your Apartment in Gainesville
When Halloween comes around, you don’t want to be the only person who doesn’t have a festively carved pumpkin, do you? Whether you’re a savvy veteran when it comes to pumpkin carving or you’re just starting out, all you have to do is follow a few simple steps and your Halloween pumpkins will be the talk of the apartment community.
- Make sure to select a fresh pumpkin, as cutting into a rotten pumpkin with spots on it won’t be very appealing to your nose. Size doesn’t really matter; it all depends on what kind of design you want to carve.
- Wash your pumpkin to remove any dirt before beginning.
- Use a water-soluble marker, not a permanent marker, and trace a square around the top of your pumpkin. Then, cut along your marker line with a sharp knife or cutting tool. Make sure to angle the blade so you can put the top back on when you’re finished.
- After you’ve removed part of the top, scoop out all the seeds and other insides of the pumpkin with a spoon.
- You are now ready to draw your design on the front of the pumpkin with the water-soluble marker. After you finish your drawing, carve it out with a smaller knife.
- Gently push the pieces you cut out from the inside of your pumpkin and then return the top portion back to the pumpkin when finished.
By following these steps, your apartment in Gainesville will have the best looking pumpkin around and will help add to the Halloween spirit of the community. Your apartment will be a must-stop for trick-or-treaters.
For information on celebrating Halloween as a resident of Bellamay Grand, please call or drop by our leasing office for more information and a tour.