Computer Tips for Your Rental Apartment in Gainesville, Florida
The Internet is a tool that has become a mainstay of our culture by dramatically changing modern communication and how we access information. However, the openness of the Internet also can make it very dangerous if the proper security measures aren’t taken. Hackers are constantly inventing new viruses and spyware to gain access to your most personal and important information. Luckily, there are several steps you can take to ensure your computer is protected:
- Installing anti-virus software is highly recommended. Viruses are very dangerous because they spread quickly, and they can damage or completely destroy your computer. Scan your files weekly and immediately delete any infected ones.
- Don’t open any e-mail attachments until you scan it for a virus. Even if you know and trust the sender, it is best to scan all attachments anyway, because the e-mail could have been sent by an infected computer. Opening an infected attachment will allow a virus to access your computer.
- Use different passwords to access different accounts and registrations, and incorporate numbers and symbols to make them more difficult to crack.
- Backup all your files in case they get infected or you experience a computer crash.
- Stay disconnected from the Internet when you’re not using it. You’re most vulnerable to infection when on-line, so it is best to log-off completely every time you’re finished.
Following these steps will help keep your computer safe in your rental apartment in Gainesville, Florida. If you’re looking for an apartment community in Gainesville where you can practice these computer tips, we invite you to check out Bellamay Grand. For more information please call our office.