Controlling Mildew & Dampness in Gainesville, FL Apartments
Florida is known for its naturally humid climate that persists almost all year long, therefore mildew and dampness are a continual concern in homes and apartments throughout the state.
While mildew is possible anywhere in the Sunshine State, there are some ways you can reduce the risk of mildew and other microorganisms in Gainesville, Florida apartments, such as:
- Keep humidity levels low in your bathroom by airing out the room within 5-10 minutes after a shower.
- Don’t leave wet clothes around, especially in the washing machine and dryer where mildew can grow quickly.
- Report any leaks in your apartment to the office so that we can fix them as soon as possible.
- Be careful with your indoor plants; mildew can grow in the soil.
- Wash shower curtains and tiles regularly and wipe down shower walls and bathtubs after each use.
- Use your exhaust fans in the kitchen and bathrooms.
Combat mildew and promote a cleaner environment for you and your family. You will be rewarded with a fresher atmosphere inside your apartment!