Energy Usage in Our Gainesville Apartments
If you have lived in Florida for at least a year, you will know we have two basic seasons: hot and hotter! It’s a challenge to keep energy usage and costs down year round.
Here are some suggestions for all of us to keep our cool in our Gainesville apartments the energy efficient way. With some thought, together we can chop 20-30 percent off the typical energy bill.
- Turn off your computer when not in use or enable sleep mode.
- Adjust your thermostat to 78 degrees instead of cranking it down to 72.
- Replace dirty air filters every month.
- Use ceiling fans.
- Turn off lights when leaving the room.
- Use your microwave instead of range or oven.
- Switch to compact florescent bulbs.
- Hand or air dry dishes.
- Wash only full loads of laundry and dishes.
- Keep blinds and curtains closed during brightest times of the day.
So when it’s hot outside, stay cool inside. Our Bellamay Grand Apartment Homes are all equipped with energy-saving ceiling fans, cooling vertical blinds, and adjustable thermostats. For more information on the features of our Gainesville apartments, feel free to contact us and stop by for a community tour.