Essential Items to Have in Your Gainesville Apartment During Inclement Weather
Florida is a great state to live in. Between the warm weather and sandy beaches, it has an ideal climate for year-round activity. However, the possibility of hurricanes and other severe thunderstorms still exists, and being prepared when this inclement weather strikes is essential in making sure you get through as safely as possible.
If there is no mandatory evacuation for a hurricane or if the weather forecast predicts severe thunderstorms, there are some important items you should have in your Gainesville apartment during such storms.
- Water: ideally one gallon per person/per day for at least a 3 day period
- Food: Non-perishables that will be sufficient for at least a 3 day period. Also, make sure you have a manual can opener and eating utensils.
- First-aid kit
- Extra blankets and pillows
- Flashlight with extra batteries
- Radio with extra batteries
- Books, magazines, and anything else to keep you occupied during a power outage
- Extra cash: If there is a city-wide power outage, ATM machines may not work for a while
- A full tank of gas in your car
- Pet food and baby supplies if necessary
Having these items in your residence will keep you prepared when nasty weather strikes. These are the realities you need to face when looking to live in Florida. If you’re looking for apartments in the Gainesville area, we invite you to check out Bellamay Grand. For more information, please call us or drop by our leasing office for a tour.