Easy Ways to Keep Your Gainesville, Florida Apartment Community Clean
Living in a clean, well-maintained apartment community is important for several reasons. In addition to simply looking more attractive, a clean community also helps keep the bug population in check. Furthermore, a clean community shows outsiders that the residents care about their neighborhood, which often discourages nefarious behavior and individuals.
As a resident, how can you help keep your Gainesville, FL apartment community clean? Some easy things you can do include:
- Do not throw any litter, including cigarette butts, on the property.
- Dispose of junk mail properly, especially at the mailboxes.
- Always put your trash bags immediately into the dumpster.
- Do not let your garbage sit outside your apartment. Even if you plan to take your garbage to the dumpster eventually, if you allow your garbage bags sit outside your apartment, they will attract bugs and cause unpleasant odors.
- Please put your garbage inside the dumpster and not beside it. If the first dumpster you arrive at is full, walk your garbage to a dumpster that has room to hold your garbage.
- Pick up litter you see around the property and dispose of it properly.
It takes very little effort to keep a community litter-free, yet the payoffs are numerous. By setting a good example, you will encourage your neighbors to live a litter-free lifestyle, too. Finally, if you notice an unsanitary situation on the property that requires attention from the management, contact the leasing office to report it.