Organizing Limited Space in a Gainesville, Florida Apartment
No matter how large your Gainesville, Florida apartment is, it’s only human nature to want more living space. While you can’t rebuild your apartment to make it bigger than it already is, you can employ organization techniques to take full advantage of the space you have.
First, try looking at your apartment with a new set of eyes. Instead of focusing on your open floor space, consider other areas which may be used to organize and store items. Under the bed and under the desk are both spaces that can hold less-used possessions. Also look at your vertical space—there are many areas where you can put book shelves, dressers, temporary hooks, and other storage-friendly tools.
The following are a few organization tips to get residents started on making their Gainesville, Florida apartments as roomy as possible:
- Don’t use oversized furniture or too much furniture. It will overpower your space and make it seem cramped.
- Do use furniture that offers you storage opportunities such as bed with drawers underneath, headboards with shelves, benches and stools with storage inside, and coffee tables with drawers and cabinets.
- Rolling plastic bins and drawers are great ways to store items, plus you can move them around as needed.
- Closet organizers can help you get a lot more use out of your closet space.
- Floor shelving for your closet creates a handy area for shoes and other small items.
- Invest in a durable paper shredder. Use it to dispose of old bank statements, credit card statements, and other paperwork you’re keeping around because you don’t want it to land in the wrong hands. Take the shreddings to a recycling center.
- 3M mounting hooks and clips are great for hanging up towels, jackets, keys, etc. The adhesive on 3M products can be reused or replaced, and it is also designed to be safe for walls.
Another important tip to organizing your space is getting rid of everything you don’t need. Go through your clothing, shoes, and other possessions regularly and toss out or donate those items you haven’t used in a long time. Finally, avoid purchasing new items for your Gainesville apartment that will collect dust and take up valuable space.