Preventing Common Odors in Your Gainesville, Florida Apartment
Some days you may walk into your apartment and notice that it smells as fresh as a spring breeze. Other days, you may open the front door and be startled by the aroma of old garbage.
Instead of being unpleasantly surprised by foul odors in your Gainesville, Florida apartment, incorporate a few tricks into your routine that will prevent and reduce odors, such as:
- Take your garbage to the dumpster every day.
- Use the exhaust fan above your stove when cooking.
- Avoid frying foods whenever possible. Frying can cause particles of grease to settle on your belongings. These particles may be almost impossible to remove completely.
- Use exhaust fans in your bathroom.
- For spills and pet messes on carpet, treat with an oxidizing carpet cleaner immediately.
- Run your garbage disposal with plenty of water before, during, and after you use it.
- To combat all general home odors, including cigarette smoke, place a small bowl (or several small bowls) of standard household vinegar in strategic locations.
- Eliminate microwave odors by filling a microwavable bowl with water and chopped lemon. Microwave on high until it boils, and then let the bowl sit in the microwave until it cools. Remove the bowl and wipe out the microwave.
- Regularly clear out old food from your refrigerator. Also leave a small, opened box of baking soda to absorb odors in the fridge.
On top of the above odor-fighting tactics, give your Gainesville apartment a good cleaning regularly to keep odors in check. Finally, a store bought deodorizer like Febreze or Glade is good to have for those times when you want an odor to go away quickly.