Do You Have Stuff to Sell in Your Gainesville Apartment?
MP3s are the new CDs, blogging is the new journaling, and online selling and bidding is the new garage sale. Read on to see if you are up to speed on Internet etiquette and online selling tactics.
Selling your used books, unwanted music, and other items you are ready to pass on can have great benefits. Not only are you clearing out clutter in your Gainesville, Florida apartment, but you also can make a decent amount of extra change, too. Here are some tips to improve your selling experience on eBay, CraigsList, and other personal commerce websites:
- Do your research and see how much similar products are selling for.
- Make sure all products you list are able to be viewed with good quality photos.
- List concrete details about the item listed. Craft your listing the way professionals would craft an advertisement.
- Find the best method of shipping for what you are selling and mention that in your listing.
- Pack items appropriately and insert a packing slip with the recipient’s name, address, and phone number, as well as a description of the contents in the box.
- If you are looking to become a long-term seller, focus on receiving positive feedback. In the long run, bidders will be more willing to pay higher prices.
There are a variety of websites for online selling. As a general rule, eBay is geared toward national and international sales, while CraigsList is a good way to attract local buyers in and around Gainesville, FL. Make sure to do your research to see which website best suits your selling style and attracts the best clientele for your items.